Lollipops and bubbles, pettiskirts and parasols, sand pails and starfish…these are all parts of my job that are fun!
But the best part of my job is when I’m sitting down with the mom of the two-year old that I shot last week and showing her the images we captured for the first time. The mom who warned me that her daughter doesn’t sit still and never looks at the camera. When that mom sees that not only was the session fun for her child, but that I captured her child’s true nature – the essence of her child – that is my favorite part of my job! (And I often get teary-eyed right along with mom!).
5 Things I Love:
- my awesome kids! Brady is 9, and Chloe is 7.
- my flip flops. I probably wear them 360 days a year!
- the beach. It took me 15 years, but I was finally able to move from the DC suburbs to the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida!
- the Lord. I’m fairly quiet about my faith, but I’m in awe of the ways God had shaped my life.
- music. My taste in music ranges from the Beach Boys to Lady Gaga and everything in between, but I love the way a song can lift me up, or remind me of my best friends in seventh grade!
5 Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I was adopted. I was born in Oklahoma, but taken home to Virginia at a week old.
- I’m working toward getting certified in SCUBA. When I was 24 I completed the whole class except for the open dive.
- I have a tattoo of a dolphin on my ankle (again from when I was 24). I’m contemplating adding a mermaid tattoo to it.
- I can’t fall asleep without reading. Some days I only read half a page before I’m out, however!
- I changed my major in college to Journalism just so I could take photography classes. I have a minor in American History.